Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 April 2014

TW #6 : Countrycide


Jack: You need to know something. A long time ago, I was pretty good at torture. I had quite a reputation as the go-to guy. My job demanded, at the time, see. So I know where to apply the tiniest amount of pressure to a wound like yours...
Cannibal: Stop, you're going to kill me!
Jack: It's in your power to make me stop. Just tell me what I need to know! 'Cause in ten seconds, I'm going to find a sharp object.

Episode 6:     Countrycide.
Companions: Jack Harkness, Gwen Cooper, Toshiko Sato, Owen Harper and Ianto Jones.
Air Date:       19th November 2006.

Concerned that the space-time rift is spreading, Torchwood investigates a series of gruesome deaths located in a small village in the Brecon Beacons. What sort of creature could cause such shocking injuries? Stranded without communications or equipment and isolated from one another, the team confronts a terrifying enemy.

The Torchwood team head out into the Welsh countryside to investigate a spate of disappearances. Soon they come isolated from one another, captured and added to the menu. In this story it sets itself up as a horror story and really does come across that way. The true horror is that there are no monsters in this one as the killers are a family of human cannibals who commit their acts every so many years. The first time that you watch this story and that revelation pops up it just snaps together perfectly. Again I wonder how the Doctor would have handled such an adventure?

Countrycide is an excellent episode and could be watched purely as a stand alone story as there is very little to tie it back to the Torchwood hub in Cardiff.

No comments:

Post a Comment